Award? Me? …Seriously?
Well…if you insist. Thank you, apprentice,never master
! As evidenced by my jaw hitting the floor, the abrupt texting of friends actually aware of my blog, and the little squeaks emitting from my room, this is obviously my first blog award of any kind. I am most honored. And now, on to the particulars of the Award itself.
The Shine On Award Rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you. Which I did, see above.
2. Post the badge on your blog. It’s pretty. Do it.
3. Answer the questions posed to you. Regardless of how out-of-left-field they may be.
4. Nominate five bloggers who shine a little light in your day and be sure to notify them.
5. Issue some questions you’d like them to answer.
1. If you had to introduce yourself using only the title of a song, which song title would you choose?
Probably I’m a Nut, by that guy who sounds like Roger Miller, but isn’t him and whose name escapes me. Trust me, it fits.
2. What was the last movie you watched?
I believe The Phantom was the last one I actually watched, but the most current one was The Hobbit,which, by the way, is epic
3. Where would you most like to have dinner tonight?
A pub in London.
4. What’s your favorite book? (or your most recent favorite book, if that’s a difficult question)
You’re kidding, right? There is no possible way for a writer to pick a favorite book. I have approximately fifty. The Lost World, the Bible, Partners in Crime, The Man in the Brown Suit, The Gallagher Girls Series, Sherlock Holmes–it’s impossible, I tell you.
5.What’s your favorite tongue twister?
I can’t tell you. It’s copyrighted by my choir director.
6. How many cows are in Canada?
Presumably as many cows as are Canadian.
7. Where do you plan to go on your next trip?
Considering that I don’t yet have the authority to plan my own trips? I haven’t the foggiest. Talk to my parents. However, if it were up to me and I had unlimited funds, I’d make a beeline for London, then hop over to Paris and from there move on to Venice and Roma.
8. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say “quick fox”?
Mozilla Firefox when it’s actually loading at reasonable speed. Or a spy’s codename. Either way.
9. What’s the strangest place you’ve ever found your keys?
…I don’t lose my keys. My mother, however, has found hers at the bottom of a toilet in a craft store.
10. A penguins just walked into the room, wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
“Thou hath been pwned.” He was sent as a practical joke by my book club. They’re good at stuff like that: conjuring talking penguins, creating fictional love pentagons, causing general choas and mayhem. That’s what it’s all about for The Off-Topic Readers.
Through Two Blue Eyes
– It’s a blog concerning writing, life, and other lovely geeky things, and is written by a Christian, which makes me enormously happy. Also, my eyes are blue, too.
Canadian Hiking Photography
– I always feel an urge to go visit Canada after looking at one of his posts. Of course, my fear of bears always kicks in before I actually do, but still. Awesome blog.
– She leaves the most awesome encouraging comments on the face of the blogosphere.
…And those are the only ones I came up with. I honestly don’t follow that many blogs. If y’all happen to know of any good writing or geek blogs, preferably written by teens, please, by all means, recommend them to me. Anywhoozle, moving on.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Tea or coffee?
3. Most inspiring writer?
4. Your favorite fandoms?
5. If you were to take over the world, how would you do it?
6. Which do you prefer, a computer or paper and pen?
7. The best moment of your life was–?
8. The first song to come up on your portable musical device of choice:
9. Love is–?
10. Why did the chicken cross the road?